Sunday 8 July 2012

Warm Winter Hat

On Friday I was out buying a birthday present for Ullabella when I found this really cool and chunky yarn from Viking of Norway called Balder. And I just had to buy it.


The colour changes are really nice and they remind me of a mix of ocean and winter and since it is 100% wool and nice and thick it will be very warm too, so because of the fairly limited yardage the yarn was screaming that it wanted to become a hat. I had a look on Ravelry and found a lovely pattern called Floral Cloche by Julie Bueno, which I decided to make without the flower on the side, because I just wanted a simple and warm hat.

The hat is basically just made up of trebles and double crochets (double crochets and single crochets for you Americans), the only changes I made was to drop the flower and to start off with a Magic Adjustable Ring instead of starting with a chain. It was a very quick and simple, but addictive hat to make, and I'm very pleased with it. So here are some pictures:



Have an inspiring week! :)

2 comments: